First order of business.
Some info you need to know about how my deviantart works (since I'm suddenly pseudo-famous. Also a big shout-out to everyone who faved/viewed/commented my Natural Disaster series, and thank you to all new watchers and a big thank you to everyone's who's watched me this whole time too!)
1) Requests work really informally. My preferred requests are, of course, fashion-design related, but YES I *can* draw your OC, and *yes* I can draw half-naked men if you must. It works like this. You tell me what you want. I tell you whether or not I can draw something that makes it to my standards of quality. It's supposed to take 3-4 days (but sometimes I get busy...my process is idea/sketching-->base colors--->shading--->additional details). The ensuing design/art still *belongs to me* but the requester may *use the drawing/design* for their own *non-profit* ART purposes (example, I design formal outfits for OC's, the OC does not belong to me, so I do not feel right claiming that outfit for myself since it's usually heavily inspired by the OC's original design; the requester may use the outfit design for their own drawings of their OC).
2) I'm opening up commissions! Hooray! This also works non-formally. You can buy a design for yourself to make (haven't finalized the prices) OR you can commission *me* to make something for you
Since yes, I do make stuffs. How it works is you tell me the parameters, I design it, I make it, I show you, and even then, if you hate it, don't want it, you don't have to pay me. BUT if you love it, need it, want it, I will ship it to you (offer only applies to the contingent United States and/or maybe Canada).
3) DO NOT USE MY WORK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I know. Capslock=screaming, but I'm dead serious. Don't steal my work. It's not nice. There are certain instances that I *do* allow (but you have to make sure to drop me a note/comment first) and always, always, always, always, ALWAYS credit me within the deviation, linking back to the original deviation, and letting *me* know you have done so.
*The most obvious rule is if I use a certain design element that's really cool (cascading roses, for example, or an asymmetrical hem) of course you can use that design element for yourself too, it's not like I *own* these design elements, but I would like to know if I inspired you in some way :3
*Yes you can take some of my sketches and re-sketch/re-color them for yourself. Drop me a note/comment first :3
*No you cannot make my designs. I am a fashion designer and I make my own designs thank you very much. However, certain circumstances I *do* allow such as
1) my lesser collections/heavilyheavilyheavily inspired by a design that is not mine I do not care about (mlp, pokemon, etc...); you can make a *version* of it for cosplay :3 (ask first!!!)
2) doll-sized clothing. as long as it's not real-world-sized clothing articles, i am fine with you making miniature versions of my designs. but only certain designs (ask first!!)
AND ONE MORE THING
*if you *are* making something tangible and real, feel free to consult me! since i designed them, i have a pretty good idea of seam-lines, construction, fabrics, etc...
EDIT: 4) I would LOVE to do an art trade and/or collaboration. Fun ^^
Info about me (if you must know):
I'm 20 years old, I *don't* attend/study fashion design officially, nor am I a professional (lol you silly) I study Communications at the University of Michigan as a junior.